Sunday, December 20, 2009

Change...for real this time.

Over the past couple days, well always, but especially the last couple days, I have been thinking about what I truly want and need out of my life. I realized that nearly everything starts with one thing. Confidence. In order to be the person I want to be, I need have confidence in the person I already am. This has always been a huge obstacle in my path, and I'm sure it still will be for a long time, but I am so ready to conquer it. I'm ready to set goals for myself and make them happen. I'm kind of happy these thoughts are starting at this point in the year, because a new one is right around the corner and I can and will start fresh.

Since I was in second grade (2nd!) the doctors have been telling me to lose weight. I'm ashamed. I always have been, but not anymore. Being overweight for so long has been awful for my health, but honestly, it's made me the person I am today. Now that I've realized all of this, I'm ready to put it behind me and start new.

My first order of business is to get in shape, and I mean it this time!! I have to do it. I have to do it for my present self and my future self. I want to do the things I've always wanted to and not be embarrassed! I want to set reachable goals. I want to go hiking, kayaking, and maybe even skydiving. I want to get married and have kids, without having a ton of risks because of my health. I want to run a marathon.

Which brings me to my second order of business. This is a huge deal for me. In April of 2011, I want to run the Country Music Marathon. I've been thinking about wanting to run a marathon for a while. My hope is that it will be the final obstacle in becoming who I truly want to be.

Now. I need your help. I need family and friends to hold me accountable for everything I've mentioned. I would love it if one person or multiple people would join me in embarking on this part of my journey. Help me and I will do what I can to help you. Join with me in attempting to be ready for the marathon and running it with me when I succeed. I'm so ready for change, and I can feel it within me.

Thanks for listening.

P.S. I used a different shampoo and conditioner and my hair smells like Fruity Pebbles. I kind of like it. : D

No comments:

Post a Comment