Sunday, November 1, 2009

Crossroads

Philippians 3:13-14
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

The series that we started tonight in Grow Groups is called crossroads. Tonight, we talked about letting go of the past. I feel like this topic is as much for me as it is for my girls, maybe more. For the past two and a half years I have struggled constantly with my choice to leave Lambuth. My two years at Lambuth were not a mistake, I was supposed to be there, but early in my sophomore year something felt wrong. It's difficult for me to explain, but it just didn't feel as 'right' as it did my freshman year. I had some awesome things going in my sophomore year, my internship, my sorority and my Little (she kept me sane that year), better classes, amazing friendships, it should've been an even better year. But it wasn't.

For some reason I can't seem to get past it. There have been different times that I thought I was past it, usually every couple of months, but then it comes right back to the front of my mind. One thing that keeps me going though, is my Grow Group.

If I hadn't left Lambuth when I did, I wouldn't be a GGL. I wouldn't be able to spend an hour a week, with an amazing group of ninth grade girls. These girls are the highlight of my week. I've thought how much I would love to go spend a few months or a year in another place, out-of-state or something, and now would be the time to do it, if I could get it together. But I can't. It's not because of family either, though I would miss them dearly. I am supposed to be a GGL with these girls. It is one of the few things that I am certain about at this point in my life. These girls keep me going, and I love getting to hang-out with them. I love helping them grow in their faith, as they help me grow in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment