Friday, August 6, 2010

I Cheated.....

.....and weighed myself early. For the last couple weeks, I have been eating better, not fantastic, but better, but I was still eating snacks and sweets. I was also not drinking as much water as I am now (about 3.5 liters a day) and I hadn't started working-out.

Monday, I re-started the C25K (for about the fifteenth time :P) and I weighed myself. Monday is also when I started cutting out sweets and snacks. I have had one snack since then, and it was a good one. Healthy, rather than unhealthy. Well, I cheated. I weighed myself 3 days early and.....I've lost 3.5 pounds!!! In 4 days!! Which means I've lost 18 pounds in 2.5 months, with a 6- month sabbatical between then and now, lol. Now, I know this is really fast, and I have to watch myself, but it's amazing what simple changes in your life can do. I had only worked out twice, on Monday and Tuesday, (would've worked out yesterday, but I gave blood Wednesday night and you're supposed to wait 24 hrs.) when I weighed myself. I did the W1D3 of C25K today. I feel great!

So I'm really excited about this 5K. It's on October 9th. That's about eight weeks from tomorrow I think, which is kind of scary. That also means that I need to stick as close to the C25K routine as possible, since it's a 9-week program and I started this week. I know I can do it, though I know it will be tough. I think I'm going to try and do it four days a week instead of 3, and hopefully that will help. Don't worry, if I feel like my body is being strained too much for the 4, than I will cut it back down to three.

Dad has also lost weight! He's lost nearly 20 pounds in 3 weeks!! He's started drinking a lot more water and cut out almost all soda. He has also had a few shifts unloading the truck at work (AutoZone), so on those days he's been lifting and moving really heavy car parts for around 10 hours a day. Even when he's not doing the truck, he may be moving parts or batteries all day, which helps a lot. Go us.

Ok, peeps. I hate to ask, wait no, I don't. It's for a great cause, Komen foundation. I have not gotten a single donation, other than my own, for the Race for the Cure. My personal goal is $125, though I would love to raise a lot more. With my donation, I only need $90 to reach it. It's 2 months away, I know I can beat this goal. I need your help! Please support me, and help me with this cause! Here's the link to my personal donation page. Thanks for your support!


Grace, Peace, and Love,

Jayna

No comments:

Post a Comment